Strengthen Future Leaders
David Riddell Memorial Scholarship
The David Riddell Memorial Scholarship was created in memory of SITE Past President David Riddell to provide an opportunity for worthy individuals to participate in SITE educational programs. The scholarship will fund Global Conference attendance costs up to $3000 for recipients chosen based on financial need,
Scholarship recipients are selected by the SITE Foundation Board of Trustees and must submit an application form and essay.
The submission period for the 2020 award is will begin on March 26, 2020. Please contact SITE@SITEglobal.com with any questions.
- The individual should be financially in need of the scholarship. No senior executives or those who can afford to attend the International Conference will be considered. This determination is made by the nominating local SITE chapter or the SITE Foundation’s education committee.
- The individual need not be a member of SITE, however it is a requirement that the individual be recommended by the President and/or Board of Directors of a local SITE chapter.
- The individual can be a student or someone currently employed in motivational experiences or a related field. The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
The award includes registration, airfare stipend, lodging, and transfers.
How to Apply
Each nominated applicant will be required to:
- Complete the Scholarship Application and send it along with your essay to SITE@SITEglobal.com by Sunday, May 31, 2020. Click here to download the 2020 application.
- Write an essay of 1000 -1500 words on one of the following topics, which was valued by the late David Riddell for whom this scholarship is named.
From a supplier and planner perspective, please address the importance of the following focus as you prepare your essay: In all aspects of an incentive program, the achievers interests, aspirations, and perspectives should be the drivers that influence all aspects of incentive planning and strategic thinking industry wide.
The David Riddell Scholarship will only be awarded to a qualified, exceptional candidate. The
SITE Foundation reserves the right to withhold the scholarship if an exceptional candidate is not identified.
Please contact SITE@SITEglobal.com with any questions.
Congratulations to the 2019 David Riddell Memorial Scholarship Recipients
Sales & Marketing Manager, Custom Ireland
I’ve worked within the incentive travel industry for 3 years and have recently joined the team at Custom Ireland as Sales & Marketing Manager. Last year, I also joined the SITE Young Leader’s Committee in Ireland and have had an amazing experience so far. My love for travel and exploring (both at home and aboard) encouraged me to pursue a career in this industry. My favourite region of Ireland would have to be my home county – The Garden of Ireland. It may sound biased – but I love Wicklow, the scenery is some of the best we have in Ireland. I also really enjoy testing out new restaurants and bars – Ireland surprises so many visitors with how incredibly delicious the food is – and I take full advantage of what’s on my doorstep 😊. I’m keen to further develop my career within this industry – both on a national and global level.
Meet in Ireland Officer - Corporate & Incentive, Fáilte Ireland
With a background in PR, I joined the world of MICE in 2015. Over the past four years I have worked as part of Fáilte Ireland, Ireland’s National Tourism Development Authority. I originally began working as part of the Dublin Convention Bureau team, promoting Dublin as a leading business tourism city. In my current role at Meet in Ireland I have the pleasure of promoting the beautiful island of Ireland as a leading destination.
About David Riddell
As a member and past president of SITE, David Riddell was always upbeat about the incentive travel industry and forever the promoter of the value of performance improvement. As a leader of SITE, he envisioned what the organization could look like in the future, and worked diligently to effect change and