Strengthen Future Leaders
David Riddell Memorial Scholarship
The David Riddell Memorial Scholarship was created in memory of SITE Past President David Riddell to provide an opportunity for worthy individuals to participate in SITE educational programs. The scholarship will fund Global Conference attendance costs up to $3000 for recipients chosen based on financial need,
Scholarship recipients are selected by the SITE Foundation Board of Trustees and must submit an application form and essay.
- The individual should be financially in need of the scholarship. No senior executives or those who can afford to attend the International Conference will be considered. This determination is made by the nominating local SITE chapter or the SITE Foundation’s education committee.
- The individual need not be a member of SITE, however the individual must be recommended by the President and/or Board of Directors of a local SITE chapter.
- The individual can be a student or someone currently employed in motivational experiences or a related field. The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
The award includes registration, airfare stipend, lodging, and transfers.
How to Apply
Each nominated applicant will be required to:
- Complete the Scholarship Application and send it along with your essay to SITE@SITEglobal.com by Monday, May 6, 2019. Click here to download the 2019 application.
- Write an essay of 1000 -1500 words on one of the following topics, all of which were valued by the late David Riddell for whom this scholarship is named.
Incentive Travel – Discuss the role of motivation during challenging economic times and how industry professionals should consider their service offerings and messaging in the marketplace.
Global Connections – Explain how insights and connections you have gained through SITE membership and local chapter affiliation have been beneficial to you.
Evolution – Discuss the evolution of the incentive travel industry and how your professional growth will be shaped by the progression you have witnessed.
The David Riddell Scholarship will only be awarded to a qualified, exceptional candidate. The SITE Foundation reserves the right to withhold the scholarship if an exceptional candidate is not identified.
Please contact SITE@SITEglobal.com with any questions.
Congratulations to the 2018 David Riddell Memorial Scholarship Recipients
Association and Conferences Executive, Dublin Convention Bureau
I’ve worked in MICE for the past four years and haven’t looked back. I am honoured to have received the David Riddell Memorial Scholarship and attend the SITE Global Forum. I’ve had a keen interest in SITE since the start of my career having worked on the SITE Executive Summit in Dublin, 2016. Earlier this year I joined the SITE Ireland Young Leaders Committee which has enabled me to further develop relationships with my industry partners. In my role in the Dublin Convention Bureau, SITE has provided me with the knowledge to best place Dublin as a leading incentive destination. I’m looking forward to attending the Global Forum to learn from others and share insights and develop further in my professional journey.
Postgraduate Student, Australian National Universtiy
After obtaining a double bachelor degree in international event economy and management, I am now majoring in a master of international relations at ANU and just finished my internship at the Chicago Mayor’s Office. Being a member of SITE and the former vice president of SITE China Young Leaders, I was offered a wonderful platform and opportunity to learn and exercise in this field. Under the guidance of SITE, my team won many national MICE competitions during the university study and has been trying to build up our own event company to promote creative charity in China. I am
About David Riddell
As a member and past president of SITE, David Riddell was always upbeat about the incentive travel industry and forever the promoter of the value of performance improvement. As a leader of SITE, he envisioned what the organization could look like in the future, and worked diligently to effect change and