Jane E. Schuldt SITE Master Motivator Award
Miek Egberts, CMP, CMM, Founder and Managing Director of InspireME Monte Carlo was honored as the Jane E. Schuldt SITE Master Motivator 2018 during the IMEX Industry Awards Gala Dinner, 16 May in Frankfurt, Germany.
The Master Motivator Award is presented annually to a SITE member who upholds the highest standard of excellence in creating and delivering successful incentive travel and motivational events and exudes energy, enthusiasm and a collaborative spirit in support of the global incentive travel community. In 2017, the award was renamed in honor of Jane E. Schuldt, CITE, CIS, former president of World Marketing Group and past president of both SITE and the SITE Foundation.
SITE Master Motivator 2018 is a "Maestro Extrodinare"
Miek combines the international and innovative spirit of the Dutch and the passion of her Italian family with the strength and open-mindedness of a citizen of the world. With more than 25 years of experience in the Hospitality and MICE industry, she is recognized as one of Europe’s leading experiential event planners, well known for her stylish and creative ideas, deep local destination knowledge and a special sense for the wishes and needs of her clients. Miek is also a leading advocate of environmentally friendly and sustainable events.
"As Host Committee Chair for the SITE + MPI Global Forum in Rome she was a "maestro extrodinare", orchestrating a complex group of stakeholders from two leading associations to produce a historical and very successful event, " commented Annamaria Ruffini, CIS, CMP, SITE President 2018.
A SITE member for 16 years, Miek has held various roles on the SITE Italy board and this year was elected to a second term as Chapter President. She also served as Co-Chair for the SITE Global Conference in Panama in 2016.
Upon accepting the award Miek commented, “I am honored to be part of a legacy of such distinguished professionals who have received this award and, through this award, am humbled to be associated with Jane Schuldt a true industry icon. This accomplishment is a reflection of the great support networks in our industry that have helped me on my journey – without them this wouldn’t have been possible. As I move forward, I will use the positive energy from this award to continue bringing innovative and collaborative solutions in partnership with SITE and the incentive travel community.”
Master Motivator Nomination Criteria:
- The candidate embodies all that is good about the motivational events industry and is an advocate for our profession.
- The candidate's activities demonstrate a collaborative spirit.
- She or he has raised awareness for a cause, worked on government/political projects, collaborated within the industry on research or key initiatives or served as an educator - all to put our industry in a better place.
- The candidate must possess a minimum of five years professional experience and be seen as a leader for today.
- Nominees are submitted by the SITE International Board of Directors to Didier Scaillet, CIS, SITE CEO. Final determination is made by the SITE President and SITE CEO.
- The award winner is to remain in confidence until she or he is recognized at IMEX. Recipient must be in attendance at IMEX.
- The recipient receives a plaque, and is recognized through a press release and announcement to the SITE global community.
- This award is only given when there is a candidate that meets all criteria.
2017 - Dr. Patrick Patridge
2016 - Carolyn Dow
2015 – Joost de Meyer
2014 – Sian Thomas
2013 – Fernando Compean
2012 – Fukuo “Lucky” Morimoto
2011 – Annamaria Ruffini
2010 – Laurie Sprouse