CITP Examination Eligibility Requirements
At the time of application, the candidate must be currently employed in the incentive travel profession for at least the past 12 consecutive months AND have a total of five years’ experience in the incentive travel industry within the past five years or three years’ experience and the CIS designation.
In addition, all candidates must have completed 40 hours of clock hours of professional development activities completed in the past five years. These activities must be relevant to the incentive industry. 10 of these hours must be SITE sponsored content to include SITE´s International Conference or any other conferences or SITE courses at the local, national, regional or global level and SITE-sponsored Chapter or regional conferences or educational events, and SITE eLearning programs or webinars. These can include:
- Face-to-face conferences, webinars (both live and on-demand), classes and individual sessions
- Company/organization sponsored continuing education or training
- Local professional development, including certificate programs and seminars
- SITE education programs including and chapter sponsored events
- Allied association education programs (based on acceptance by SITE)
This examination is designed to test knowledge on the broad scope of those professionals employed at the level to which the title “Incentive Travel Professional” would appropriately apply. Candidates are expected to have current, direct, hands-on involvement in the major processes associated with this aspect of incentive travel sales, design, and management: the areas covered in the Exam Content Outline.
Completing the CITP Certification Examination Form
The cost of the CITP Certification Examination is:
$675 USD for SITE Members
$895 USD for non-members
Once you complete the application, you will be notified as to the specific arrangements regarding the exam in the testing window and location you have selected.
- The application form must be completed in one session. The system will not save data.
- Come prepared with your employment history, contact information for current supervisor and/or client reference and employment documents which can include one of the following: resume, statement of employment verification from personnel or human resources official, copy of W2 forms (USA applicants only), letter of incorporation
- You should also come prepared with your list of professional development activities
Exam Content Outline:
The designation Certified Incentive Travel Professional is awarded to candidates who demonstrate the required level of knowledge, experience and expertise across all of the following topics:
- Business case for Incentive Travel (30% of the exam)
- Strategic Planning
- Incentive Programme design
- Stakeholder Management
- Human Resources
- Selling to the incentive travel market (25% of the exam)
- Managing Incentive Travel Programmes (45 % of the exam)
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Crises Management
- Project Management
- Site Management
- CSR & Sustainability
Become CITP certified today!
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org