Crystal Awards Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is eligible?
Any company/organization from around the globe involved with the sales, planning, marketing and/or operations of incentive travel programs can submit an application. You do not need to be a SITE member to apply, but there is a difference in SITE member vs. Non-member application pricing.
2. Which programs are eligible?
Incentive travel programs operated between 1 May 2017 – 30 June 2018 are eligible. The program should align with one of the following award categories.
- Distinctive Destination: Best Destination-Based Experiential Incentive Travel Program
- Excellence in Incentive Travel: North America
- Excellence in Incentive Travel: Latin America & Caribbean
- Excellence in Incentive Travel: Europe
- Excellence in Incentive Travel: Asia Pacific
- Excellence in Incentive Travel: Africa/Middle East
- Best Business Solutions: Most Effective Incentive Marketing Campaign
- Responsible Experiences: Most Impactful Effort Toward Corporate Social Responsibility as Part of an Incentive Travel Program or Most Environmentally Sustainable Incentive Program
In order to determine the best category for your program, it may be helpful to review examples of previous winners at Crystal Award Case Studies.
3. How do we apply?
The application period opens on 9 July 2018 and closes on 24 August 2018.
Applications will be submitted through an online tool. You will be asked to answer questions in a case study format to tell the story of your program and its success. Questions and weight of each question will vary depending on category.
It is important that you respond to the questions in as much detail as possible and that the program objectives and business case are clearly defined both qualitatively (client/participant testimonials) and quantitatively (ROI).
Bookmark this page and check back in July as we will update it with the link to the online application!
4. What do we need to do to prepare?
In order to be prepared to submit an application, you should start now to gather and document the following information:
- Client/participant testimonials on the success of the program
- Facts and figures that prove the return on investment for the program
- High-res photography and video of the program.
- Note: the applicant company logo should not be displayed. Displaying the applicant logo in any supporting documents will instantly disqualify your entry.
5. How will the programs be judged?
An independent panel of incentive travel leaders from around the world will judge the applications. The judges will assign a score to the responses to each question, with weights varying depending on the category, resulting in an overall score expressed as a percentage. The applications with the highest score in each category will determine the winners.
6. When will we be notified if we are an award winner?
Applicants will be notified about their application status in late September. Winners will be announced at the Crystal Awards Ceremony taking place during the SITE Global Conference, 11-14 January 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand.