CITP: Certified Incentive Travel Professional
About the CITP
Who is CITP aimed at?
The Certified Incentive Travel Professional (CITP) exam is SITE’s mid-level qualification aimed at incentive travel professionals with at least five years of full-time experience. It is part of a suite of certifications that includes the entry-level CIS certification and the director-level CITE designation, which is currently in redevelopment. Designed specifically for planners of incentive travel experiences in corporations and agencies, the CITP is also relevant to senior managers on the supplier side – DMOs, CVBs, DMCs, hotels, cruise companies, venues. Candidates are expected to have current, direct, hands-on involvement in the major processes associated with incentive travel sales, design, and management.
What’s the format of the exam?
The CITP designation is awarded upon successful completion of an 80-question examination within a two-hour time period designed to measure and validate your performance against the typical requirements of an incentive travel professional – strategic case-making around the business benefits of incentive travel, finance and budgeting, operations and execution, program design and delivery, CSR and sustainability.
The exam is mainly multiple-choice questions and does not involve any essay-type answers. If English is not your first language, you are allowed 1 additional hour to take the exam.
Exam Content Outline:
The designation Certified Incentive Travel Professional is awarded to candidates who demonstrate the required level of knowledge, experience and expertise across all of the following topics:
- Domain 1: Business Case for Incentive Travel
- Strategic Planning
- Incentive Programme design
- Stakeholder Management
- Human Resources
- Domain 2: Selling to the Incentive Travel Market
- Domain 3: Managing Incentive Travel Programs
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Crises Management
- Project Management
- Site Management
- CSR & Sustainability
Benefits of Certification
Upcoming Dates & Locations
Date: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Registration is from 1:30-1:50 PM
Exam Writing is from 2:00 - 4:00 PM
Location: VIA Rail, Business Lounge, 65 Front St. W., Toronto, Canada
Las Vegas, Nevada
September 9, 2019 - 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
September 10, 2019 - 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Have questions? For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for the CITP
Members: $675 USD
Non-Members: $895 USD
CITP Eligibility Requirements
When applying to take the CITP, you must be currently employed in the incentive travel profession for at least the past 12 consecutive months and have a total of five years’ experience in the incentive travel industry OR three years’ experience and the CIS designation. You are not required to have your CIS in order to take the CITP.
In addition, all candidates must have completed 40 hours of professional development activities in the past five years, and 10 of those hours must be SITE sponsored content.
Professional Development Activities can include:
- SITE conferences
- SITE events at the local, national, regional, or global level
- Industry-related webinars and classes (both live and on-demand)
- Company/organization sponsored continuing education or training
- Local professional development, including certificate programs and seminars
- Allied association education programs (based on acceptance by SITE)
- The CITP Online Prep Course
SITE Specific Hours
Looking for more SITE specific hours? Check out the SITE Knowledge Center for courses you can purchase and use towards your continuing education hours or see the on-demand learning opportunities listed below:
- SITE and ECPAT Webinar: Human Trafficking – What We Can Do About It
- Corporate Planner Podcast
- The Top Seven Myths About Using Mobile for Incentive Trips
- Is Risk Management on Your Radar? Ensuring Event Safety and Security
- Past Global Education Week Content
CITP Application Process
After you submit your application, the CITP Education Team will review it and notify you within 1 week of your eligibility.
Please note when applying:
- The application form must be completed in one session. The system will not save data.
- Come prepared with your employment history, contact information for current supervisor and/or client reference and employment documents which can include one of the following: resume, statement of employment verification from personnel or human resources official, copy of W2 forms (USA applicants only), letter of incorporation
- You should also come prepared with your list of professional development activities
Preparing for the CITP
The course consists of nine modules in the following topic areas: strategic planning, incentive program design, sales, professional development, program management, technology, financial management, CSR and sustainability, and risk and crisis management.
Includes 3.5 hours of content (3.5 CE credits), which can be used either for recertification of their CIS Credential or as part of their 10 required SITE education hours in order to apply for the CIS.
The course is designed to help you test your knowledge as you prepare to site for the CITP Examination.
The course is $395 USD for members; and $495 USD for non-members.
You will have access to the course for one year after purchasing.
Hosting the CITP
Want to host a CITP exam at your location? Or take the CITP Exam at one of our industry events?
SITE has scheduled the following testing windows during which you can either take the exam at one of the SITE Global events or host the exam at your industry or chapter event.
January 11th - February 25th, 2019
April 22nd - June 3rd, 2019
September 9th - October 21st, 2019
If you wish to host an exam in 2019, the exam date needs to fall within these testing windows.
Please complete the SITE Hosting Form to schedule a CITP Exam administration at your industry or chapter event. A member of the SITE Global Certification Staff Team will contact you to confirm acceptance and to discuss the details. Please read and review the following requirements before submitting your form.