CITP Examination Eligibility Requirements
At the time of application, the candidate must be currently employed in the incentive travel profession for at least the past 12 consecutive months AND have a total of five years’ experience in the incentive travel industry or three years’ experience and the CIS designation.
In addition, all candidates must have completed 40 hours of professional development activities in the past five years. These activities must be relevant to the incentive industry.
10 of these hours must be SITE sponsored content which can include:
- All SITE Conferences
- SITE courses at the local, national, regional, or global level
- Face-to-face conferences, webinars (both live and on-demand), classes and individual sessions
- Company/organization sponsored continuing education or training
- Local professional development, including certificate programs and seminars
- SITE education programs including and chapter sponsored events
- Allied association education programs (based on acceptance by SITE)
This examination is designed to test knowledge on the broad scope of those professionals employed at the level to which the title “Incentive Travel Professional” would appropriately apply. Candidates are expected to have current, direct, hands-on involvement in the major processes associated with incentive travel sales, design, and management. These areas are all covered in the Exam Content Outline.
Completing the CITP Certification Examination Form
The cost of the CITP Certification Examination is $675 USD for SITE Members and $895 USD for non-members. Once you have completed the application, you will be notified as to the specific arrangements regarding the exam within the testing window and location you have selected.
- The application form must be completed in one session as the system will not save data.
- Come prepared with your employment history, contact information for current supervisor and/or client reference and employment documents which can include one of the following:
- Statement of employment verification from personnel or human resources official
- Copy of W2 forms (USA applicants only)
- Letter of incorporation
- You should also come prepared with your list of professional development activities