What is SITE?
SITE, the Society for Incentive Travel Excellence, is the only global organization dedicated to strengthening and supporting the incentive travel industry. We connect incentive travel to business results. For our members we provide professional development, certification, and business connections. Over the last 40 years, SITE has grown to over 2,000 members in 90 countries with 29 local and regional chapters. Incentive travel is not a luxury — it’s a necessity.
Incentive travel. Business results. Our research proves the ROI for incentive travel, which is a powerful business tool that strengthens employee retention, improves performance and fosters a culture of thoughtful motivation and sustained success. Incentive travel is the work our members do; business results are what we deliver to our clients.
Who are members of SITE?
SITE members help companies maximize workforce output by creating and delivering incentive travel programs that inspire people to exceed expectations and transcend their goals. While our industry thrives on delivering ROI to clients, our members are creative, vibrant and energetic people, of all ages and disciplines. Our membership value SITE not only as a platform for career growth, education and broader experience and business connectivity, but also as an opportunity to be a part of a diverse, truly global community. Members are likeminded people who believe there is far more human potential than is realized, who push ourselves on a daily basis to discover and learn new things and face challenges — both in our personal and professional lives.
Our members know what it takes to serve high-achievers that make up the global business world. SITE members craft incentive travel experiences to reward people for their efforts and contributions to a company’s growth and business objectives. But we go beyond that: our members create lasting memories that motivate and inspire people to dream bigger and reach further.
- Top Member Disciplines:
- Corporate Event Planner (9%)
- DMC/PCO (28%)
- Hotels/Resorts/Accommodations (23%)
- Incentive Travel Companies (13%)
- Other (27%)
- By Region:
- Africa/Middle East (5%)
- Asia/Pacific (6%)
- Europe (25%)
- Latin America/Caribbean (10%)
- North America (54%)
What are the benefits of being a member of SITE?
- Industry recognition and prestige for being affiliated with the only global authority connecting Incentive travel and motivational events with business results.
- Opportunities to grow business on a global basis by connecting and networking with SITE members around the world that do business in adherence with the SITE Code of Ethics.
- Professional growth and learning through SITE education and participation in regional and international educational programs, events and conferences. Such as:
- SITE Incentive Seminar, 26 November, 2018, Barcelona Spain
- SITE Global Conference, 11-13 January, 2019, Bangkok, Thailand
- Education and certification for professional growth and career advancement. SITE offers entry-level (CIS -Certified Incentive Travel Specialist) and mid-level education courses to give incentive travel professionals a strong foundation of the theory and practice of creative and effective utilization of incentive travel and motivational events to drive business results.
What resources does provide for SITE members and Incentive Travel professionals?
- SITE Foundation - facilitates valuable research, trend analysis and educational programs for industry professionals.
- The SITE Index - the latest analysis and forecast for the motivational events industry.
- Participant Viewpoint Study - examines what makes incentive travel meaningful, motivational and memorable.
- White Papers - white papers and case studies published by the SITE International Foundation
- SITE Certified Incentive Specialist (CIS) program – a certification designed to give incentive travel professionals a foundation of the theory and practice of creative and effective utilization of incentive travel and motivational events to drive business results.
- Crystal Awards - honors the top tier of world-class organizations that excel in designing unique, motivational experiences that deliver business results
- Better Business Book- the book contains examples of incentive travel and motivational events with compelling business results.