SITE, the Society for Incentive Travel Excellence is soliciting proposals from international event companies, global destination management companies (DMCs) or professional conference organisers (PCOs) to manage the upcoming SITE Global Conference taking place 11-13 January 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Global Conference is SITE’s annual hallmark event that provides an opportunity for SITE members and incentive travel professionals from around the world to converge, learn and grow together. In addition to an Annual General Meeting of Members (AGM) and Plenary sessions, breakout educational sessions are offered over a 2.5-day period.
Alternating between regions across the globe, the size of the event has fluctuated depending on location. This year’s Global Conference was a joint event organized with MPI. It attracted 575 delegates and took place 12-14 January at the Waldorf Astoria, Rome, Italy.
The agency’s appointment will be conditional on that company working with local partners (Destination Host Committee) in the organization of the event and the procurement of local vendor partners.
The 2019 Annual Conference is to be held at The Shangri La Hotel, Bangkok Thailand. A provisional booking has been made at the venue but contracts have not been negotiated or signed.
Scope of Services:
The appointed agency will be required to provide the following services:
- Liaison with the Host Committee to organize and produce the event
- Organization of the SITE & SITE Foundation Leadership Meetings
- Event Registration and Mobile App Management
- Event Logistics Management
- Assistance with Sponsorship Acquisition and Management
- Financial Management
- Support Marketing Management
- Support Education and Speaker Management
Only agencies that fulfill the following criteria should complete the RFP:
- Have a demonstrated track record managing and executing similar global conferences in Asia, ideally Thailand or Southeast Asia
- Have demonstrated the ability to work with and project manage committees and volunteers
- Have sufficient resources and experienced staff to deliver the event
- Have experience and knowledge of the global Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Events (MICE) Industry
- Have experience working in or for the Association/Not-for-profit sector
- Have strong marketing, communications and digital marketing experience and expertise
- Are able to demonstrate strong on-site management skills
- Have experience in the acquisition and management of event sponsors and partners
2019 Global Conference Objectives:
Our 2019 conference objectives are listed below. We expect the appointed agency, SITE staff, SITE’s marketing firm and the local host committee to work together to deliver the best ever SITE annual conference:
- Attract a broad number of delegates from across the globe – 2019 objective of 400 delegates
- Generate a profit from the event
- Achieve a seamless delegate experience
- Create an unforgettable incentive experience
- Deliver a quality education program
- Support sponsorship and in-kind benefits for all sponsors
- Provide best in class on-site management, experience and expertise
The RFP will be released on 31 January and the deadline to submit a proposal is 16 February 2018. To obtain a copy contact Events@SITEglobal.com