As 2013 draws to a close, I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the immediate, as well as extended Site family for their support of the Site International Foundation activities over the past year.
In support of Site's mission, the Foundation had ambitious plans in 2013, and with the help of a committed board of trustees, we can report out on a successful year. What began as a C.L.E.A.R vision to help maintain our focus on Creating and Converting, Leveraging and Learning, Educating and Engaging, Advocating and Advancing, and Researching and Renewing initiatives, resulted in the following accomplishments at year's end:
- Produced turnkey research presentations for chapter and trustee use to extend the research findings through education
- Granted funds to Site for new certification programs
- Delivered on-site presentations of research at key trade events
- Recorded a podcast of research findings
- Diversified our fundraising by launching a new 24/7/365 event with global reach
- Produced eight (8) new publications – including both primary research as well as three (3) white papers geared toward government and press; corporate end users and the general industry
- Inspired 14 new sponsors to support the new research
- Staged three (3) premier events: Site Nite Europe, Site Nite North America and Site Classic
- Collaborated with three new industry partners: ADMEI, CLIA and PCMA and joined forces with MPI on a U.K. Economic Impact Study, a second study on DMCs supported by ADMEI, Cruise Lines and Incentives with CLIA, Purchasing/Procurement with IMEX, and a Volume Study with the Incentive Federation.
- Shifted and aligned our fiscal year with Site's and the calendar year
- Created a new and responsible investment policy
- Set the stage for the development of a cohesive sponsorship program
- On boarded four (4) new trustees with diverse international backgrounds
- Increased the fund balance by over 50% to support newly approved research projects
- Embraced a new Site Global HQ staffing and operational model
It is the role of the Foundation to support the mission of Site, and what a mission they've laid out for the years to come. What began with a strategy session earlier in the year, led by David Sand and the Site International Board, is now manifesting itself in meaningful action plans for Site, helping inform the Foundation as to what and where it can support their future endeavors.
With the dawn of 2014, under Kurt Paben's leadership, will come further refinement of newly launched activities, tweaking of initiatives to further engage our sponsors and our members and a laser focused commitment to ensuring that the Foundation continues to deliver on its promises to the Site organization led by Paul Miller and the expectations of its members. Join me in wishing them great success in the year ahead.
On behalf of the Foundation, I wish you all a a prosperous and peaceful New Year, and want to thank you again for the invaluable support provided to help us bring this year to a successful close.
Jane Schuldt, CITE, CIS, President, Site International Foundation & President, World Marketing Group, Ltd.