PlanetIMEX is based around three, 3D, interactive "islands." Online visitors will be granted unlimited free access to a variety of content and activities on the beach-themed Community Island; the forest-inspired Education Island, and the Networking Island, which is outfitted with canyons, mountains and valleys. The purpose is for visitors to explore, reconnect, talk future business and continue learning with friends and peers from the global business events community.
"We decided early on that we wanted to gift something back to the industry we love while continuing our commitment to providing high quality education, business and networking value," said IMEX Group CEO Carina Bauer. "Rather than switch to a one-off online event… we opted for innovation through transformation. Instinctively, we looked to our Nature Talking Point for inspiration."
PlanetIMEX will kick off on May 6 with the opening of Community and Education Islands. Education programming (known as EduMonday) starts on May 11 and will feature a keynote by Guy Bigwood, managing director of the Global Destination Sustainability Index. All education content will reside on a platform designed and developed by Cvent.
The following day, May 12, is IMEX Community Day and will feature content delivered by a range of IMEX Group's association and other partners. On that day SITE will launch two brand new studies commission by SITE Foundation based on data from the Incentive Travel Industry Index, our joint venture on research with IRF and FICP. One study, on the DMC sector, will be launched as a Podcast while the second, on Europe as a region for Incentive Travel, will be a live webinar at 3pm (London) moderated by Hamish Reid – register here.
IMEX Introductions, scheduled for May 14, will foster one-to-one conversations and encourage industry buyers and suppliers to explore new business relationships. On the same day, from 4pm – 6pm, we’ll be staging SITE NITE Europe – details here.
On May 18, PlanetIMEX will provide content for specialists, aimed at specific buyer communities, identified as corporate, association and agency directors.
While access is free, registration is required for both Education Island and IMEX Introductions. More details, including registration links, will be available at northstarmeetingsgroup.com as soon as they are available.
PlanetIMEX Key dates for your diary:
- Wednesday 6 May – PlanetIMEX goes live when both Community Island and Education Island open to industry visitors
- Monday 11 May – EduMonday Live (an immersive day of learning led by PlanetIMEX experts)
- Tuesday 12 May – Community Day including key input from SITE
- Wednesday 13 May – #imexstillrunning – join us for early morning 5km solo runs wherever you are in the world
- Thursday 14 May - IMEX Introductions opens – a chance for buyers to connect with IMEX’s supplier community and SITE NITE Europe
- Monday 18 May - Specialist education for agency, corporate and association event professionals