What is SITE?
SITE, Society for Incentive Travel Excellence is the only global organization dedicated to strengthening and supporting the incentive travel industry. Incentive travel is the work our members do; business results are what we deliver to our clients. For our members, we provide professional development, certification and business connections. SITE members help companies maximize workforce output by creating and delivering incentive travel programs that inspire people to exceed expectations and transcend their goals.
We fund and conduct research through the SITE Foundation, whose fundraising initiatives facilitate vital industry research, trend analysis, and educational programming for incentive travel professionals worldwide. Our research proves the ROI for incentive travel, which is a powerful business tool that strengthens employee retention, improves performance and fosters a culture of thoughtful motivation and sustained success. A not-for-profit organization, under the direction of a Board of Trustees, the SITE Foundation benefits members and the industry by providing:
- Valuable industry research, such as a new Incentive Travel Industry Index powered by SITE Index, FICP and IRF Outlook. This collaboration is the first pan-industry endeavor to chart and navigate the world of incentive travel and will provide unprecedented, consolidated insight into where the incentive travel industry is headed.
- Insights on incentive travel excellence and competitive business knowledge through our integrated content hub, Motivate
- Sponsored SITE membership for the academic community
- Scholarship opportunities for students and SITE members, and grants for SITE Chapters
Who are members of SITE?
Over the last 44 years, SITE has grown to over 2,000 members in 84 countries with 29 local and regional chapters. Our membership is comprised of global incentive travel professionals representing all travel and hospitality industry disciplines:
- Top Member Disciplines:
- Corporate Event Planners
- Incentive Travel Companies
- Destination Management Companies/PCOs
- Tourism Boards/Destination Marketing Organizations (CVBs)
- Transportation: Airline and Ground Logistics
- Cruise Lines/Yacht Charters
- Merchandising/Premium Suppliers
- Membership by Region:
- North America (59%)
- Europe (25%)
- Latin America/Caribbean (8%)
- Asia/Pacific (5%)
- Africa/Middle East (3%)
What are the benefits of being a member of SITE?
- Industry recognition and prestige for being affiliated with the only global authority connecting Incentive travel and motivational events with business results.
- Opportunities to grow business on a global basis by connecting and networking with members around the world that do business in adherence with the SITE Code of Ethics.
- Professional growth and learning through education and participation in regional and international educational programs, events and conferences.
- SITE Events in 2018 include:
- SITE + MPI Global Forum, 12-14 January, Rome, Italy
- Incentive Summit Americas, 5-8 April, Park City, Utah, USA
- SITE NITE Europe, 14 May, Frankfurt, Germany
- SITE Classic, 6-9 September, Bluffton, South Carolina, USA
- SITE Young Leaders Conference, 14-15 October, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- SITE NITE North America, 15 October, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Incentive Seminar – Spain, 26 November, Barcelona, Spain
- SITE Global Conference 2019 will take place 11-13 January in Bangkok, Thailand
- Education and certification for professional growth and career advancement including the entry-level, CIS -Certified Incentive Travel Specialist program and the new CITP-Certified Incentive Travel Professional certificate for mid-level professionals.
- SITE Knowledge Centre is an online learning portal that serves as a repository for training, learning resources and job tools. Available to both SITE members and non-members, there are 12 courses featuring entry to mid-level content, assessment quizzes and proof of completion, which may be used to obtain CE credi
- SITE Young Leaders Program builds the next generation of incentive travel leaders by providing education and networking opportunities appealing directly to younger generations. The mission is to focus on bridging the gap between generations and creating a strong group of individuals who will become SITE and industry leaders. Young professionals aged 35 or younger, or have less than 5 years of experience, are encouraged to participate.
- SITE Crystal Awards Program annually honors the top tier of world-class organizations that excel in designing unique, incentive travel experiences that deliver business results.
- Partnership opportunities to ensure that your brand stays top-of-mind with our community of incentive travel decision makers throughout the year.
SITE EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP, INTERNATIONAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS, FOUNDATION TRUSTEES
2018 is a year of massive change and innovation at SITE with the appointment of an independent CEO and new executive leadership for the MarComm and Events functions. Following an intense period of activity, the association has completed its journey from an out-sourced to hybrid management model.
The Executive Leadership team, International Board of Directors and Foundation Board of Trustees, comprised of incentive travel industry leaders representing 12 different countries, are committed to engaging our members, chapter leaders, sponsors and partners to create a strong sense of community built around our 2020 Vision and core values of connections, creativity, trust and results. Incentive travel programs provide a bridge between the power of diverse travel experiences that inspire people to deliver excellence – and the sense of human solidarity we envision as the most important benefit of a global economy.
- Didier Scaillet, CIS, CEO
- Pádraic Gilligan, Chief Marketing Officer
- Matthew Hessler, Operations Manager
- Tina Gaccetta, Head of Events
- President: Annamaria Ruffini, CIS, CMP, President & CEO, Events In & Out S.R.L., Rome, Italy
- Immediate Past President: Rajeev Kohli, CIS, Joint Managing Director, Creative Travel Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, India
- President-Elect: Philip Eidsvold, CIS, Director Client Services, One10, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- Vice President Finance & Business Development: Jennifer Glynn, Managing Partner, Meeting Encore, Ltd., Port Hope, Ontario, Canada
- Vice President Education & Certification: Daryl Keywood, CIS, Managing Director & CEO, Walthers DMC, Douglasdale, South Africa
- Member at Large: Aoife Delaney, CIS, Director of Marketing & Sales, DMC Network LLC, Dublin, Ireland
- Ex-Officio: Didier Scaillet, CIS, SITE CEO
- Carina Bauer, SITE Foundation President-elect and CEO, The IMEX Group, Hove, UK
- Kevin V. Edmunds, Vice President Sales, AIC Hotel Group, Coral Gable, Florida, USA
- Ellie MacPherson, Sr. Vice-President, Strategic Meetings + Incentives, Toronto, Canada
- Eda Ozden, Director of Business Development, MEP Destination Business Solutions, Istanbul, Turkey
- Jonathan Richards, CIS, Manager Corporate Gifts NW, Mexico & Europe, Maui Jim Sunglasses & Zeal Optics, Grand Prairie, Texas, USA
- Anne Marie Rogers, Director Meetings & Incentives, Direct Travel, Bloomington, Minnesota, USA
- Julia Trejo, CIS, CMP, DMCP, Director of Business Development, Terramar-a DMC Network Company, San Jose Del Cabo B.C.S., Mexico
- Alicia Yao, CIS, General Manager, IME Consulting Co. Ltd, Beijing, China
- President: John Iannini, CIS, CTC, Vice President, Business Travel, Meetings & Events Americas, Melia Hotels International, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Immediate Past President: Rhea H. Stagner, CIS, DVP, Sourcing & Supplier Relations, Maritz Travel – a Maritz Global Events Company, Fenton, Missouri, USA
- President Elect: Carina Bauer, CEO, The IMEX Group, Regent Exhibitions, Hove, United Kingdom
- Vice-President, Finance: Terry Manion, Executive Vice President, Meridican Incentive Consultants, Markham, Ontario, Canada
- Vice-President, Fundraising and Events: Lynn Pavony, CIS, Director of Incentive Sales, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Vice-President, Research and Content: Tina Weede, CRP, President & CEO, Peerless Performance, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Ex-Officio: Didier Scaillet, CIS, SITE CEO
SITE Foundation Trustees:
- Bonnie Boisner, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- Selina Chavry, CMP, SMMC, Global Managing Director, Pacific World, Singapore
- Anne DiGregory, Corporate Director, Intermediary Sales & Strategy, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA
- Kevin Regan, Global Director, Charter & Incentives, Azamara Club Cruises, Miami, Florida, USA
- Hamish Reid, MICE Consultant, Hills Balfour, London, UK
- Jimmy Romo, General Manager, Specialty Sales, Delta Airlines, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Dana Weaver, CIS, Manager, Marketing Services, GROWMARK, Bloomington, Illinois, USA
- Chris L. Wheeler, Executive Director, Global Incentive Sales, sbe, Miami Beach, Florida, USA
For more information visit us at www.siteglobal.com
For Media Inquiries Contact: Julie Johnson, Director, Media & Industry Relations, jjohnson@SITEglobal.com, Phone: +1-763-210-8409