ABOUT INCENTIVE TRAVEL & SITE
Incentive Travel, the “I” in MICE, is the fastest growing sector of the Business Events industry with the highest per capita spend and the widest supply chain. Accounting for about 7% of all Business Events activities, the Events Industry Council’s Global Economic Impact study (2018) estimates the incentive travel industry to be worth around $75 billion globally. The Society for Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE) is the only Business Events association dedicated exclusively to the global incentive travel industry. Founded in 1973, we are a professional association of 2,500 members located in 90 countries, working in corporations, agencies, airlines, cruise companies and across the entire destination supply chain. We bring value to our members at both global and local chapter level by networking, on-line resources, education, certification and advocacy. SITE is deeply committed to the new generation and operates a best-in-class Young Leaders program and dedicated annual conference.
SITE Foundation was established by SITE to raise funds and support research, education and advocacy projects on behalf of the incentive travel industry. Monies raised by the SITE Foundation enable us to make the business case for incentive travel and highlight the transformational potential of travel experiences on individuals, enterprises and communities. SITE Foundation has recently funded certification for mid-manager level incentive travel professionals (CITP) and, with our partners Incentive Research Foundation (IRF) and Financial & Insurance Conference Professionals (FICP), the Incentive Travel Industry Index (ITII). The SITE Foundation is a registered charity holding a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization status.
- Valuable industry research, such as a new Incentive Travel Industry Index powered by SITE Index, FICP and IRF Outlook. This collaboration is the first pan-industry endeavor to chart and navigate the world of incentive travel and will provide unprecedented, consolidated insight into where the incentive travel industry is headed.
- Insights on incentive travel excellence and competitive business knowledge through our integrated content hub, Motivate
- Sponsored SITE membership for the academic community
- Scholarship opportunities for students and SITE members, and grants for SITE Chapters
Who are members of SITE?
Over the last 44 years, SITE has grown to over 2,500 members in 90 countries with 30 local and regional chapters. Our membership is comprised of global incentive travel professionals representing all travel and hospitality industry disciplines:
- Top Member Disciplines:
- Corporate Event Planners
- Incentive Travel Companies
- Destination Management Companies/PCOs
- Tourism Boards/Destination Marketing Organizations (CVBs)
- Transportation: Airline and Ground Logistics
- Cruise Lines/Yacht Charters
- Merchandising/Premium Suppliers
- Membership by Region:
- North America (59%)
- Europe (25%)
- Latin America/Caribbean (8%)
- Asia/Pacific (5%)
- Africa/Middle East (3%)
What are the benefits of being a member of SITE?
- Industry recognition and prestige for being affiliated with the only global authority connecting Incentive travel and motivational events with business results.
- Opportunities to grow business on a global basis by connecting and networking with members around the world that do business in adherence with the SITE Code of Ethics.
- Professional growth and learning through education and participation in regional and international educational programs, events and conferences.
SITE Events in 2019 Include:
SITE Canada Annual General Meeting
Wednesday, February 20 - Wednesday, February 20, 2019
Tuesday, February 26 - Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Refinery Hotel New York Rooftop
63 West 38th Street
Wednesday, March 6 - Friday, March 8, 2019
Business Class Lounge, ITB MICE Hub, Hall 7.1a / 200, ITB Berlin 2019
Wednesday, March 6 - Wednesday, March 6, 2019
Berlin, Germany - full details to be published shortly so please SAVE the DATE
Friday, March 8 - Friday, March 8, 2019
Teeling Whiskey Distillery,
Newmarket, Dublin 8
Thursday, March 21 - Friday, March 22, 2019
Lough Eske Castle, Donegal
Thursday, March 21 - Saturday, March 23, 2019
Canyon Ranch Wellness Resort
165 Kemble Street
Lenox, MA 01240
Thursday, March 28 - Sunday, March 31, 2019
Fairmont Chateau Whistler
Thursday, April 4 - Thursday, April 4, 2019
Wednesday, April 17 - Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Wednesday, April 24 - Sunday, April 28, 2019
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and Fairmont Banff Springs, Canada
Wednesday, April 24 - Sunday, April 28, 2019
Sunday, April 28 - Sunday, April 28, 2019
Doral Central Park
Doral, FL 33172
Sunday, April 28 - Monday, April 29, 2019
Galway, West of Ireland
Wednesday, June 5 - Wednesday, June 5, 2019
Thursday, June 6 - Sunday, June 9, 2019
Paradisus Playa del Carmen
Thursday, June 6 - Thursday, June 6, 2019
Thursday, July 11 - Thursday, July 11, 2019
Thursday, July 18 - Thursday, July 18, 2019
Cliff at Lyons, Co. Kildare.
Saturday, July 27 - Sunday, July 28, 2019
Kurpark von Berlin-Friedrichshagen, Berlin, Germany
Tuesday, August 6 - Tuesday, August 6, 2019
Monday, August 12 - Monday, August 12, 2019
Tuesday, August 13 - Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Monday, September 9 - Monday, September 9, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Tuesday, September 24 - Thursday, September 26, 2019
Houston, Austin and Dallas, Texas
Wednesday, September 25 - Wednesday, September 25, 2019
Thursday, September 26 - Thursday, September 26, 2019
Hyatt Centric, The Liberties, Dublin
Thursday, October 3 - Thursday, October 3, 2019
Sunday, October 20 - Sunday, October 20, 2019
Paradisus Palma Real Hotel
Punta Cana, DR
Tuesday, October 29 - Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Thursday, November 4 - Thursday, November 14, 2019
Tuesday, December 10 - Tuesday, December 10, 2019
Wednesday, December 11 - Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Thursday, December 12 - Thursday, December 12, 2019
Trinity College, Dublin
- Education and certification for professional growth and career advancement including the entry-level, CIS -Certified Incentive Travel Specialist program and the new CITP-Certified Incentive Travel Professional certificate for mid-level professionals.
- SITE Knowledge Centre is an online learning portal that serves as a repository for training, learning resources and job tools. Available to both SITE members and non-members, there are 12 courses featuring entry to mid-level content, assessment quizzes and proof of completion, which may be used to obtain CE credi
- SITE Young Leaders Program builds the next generation of incentive travel leaders by providing education and networking opportunities appealing directly to younger generations. The mission is to focus on bridging the gap between generations and creating a strong group of individuals who will become SITE and industry leaders. Young professionals aged 35 or younger, or have less than 5 years of experience, are encouraged to participate.
- SITE Crystal Awards Program annually honors the top tier of world-class organizations that excel in designing unique, incentive travel experiences that deliver business results.
- Partnership opportunities to ensure that your brand stays top-of-mind with our community of incentive travel decision makers throughout the year.
SITE EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP, INTERNATIONAL BOARD OF DIRECTORS, FOUNDATION TRUSTEES
2018 was a year of massive change and innovation at SITE with the appointment of an independent CEO and new executive leadership for the MarComm and Events functions. Following an intense period of activity, the association has completed its journey from an out-sourced to hybrid management model.
The Executive Leadership team, International Board of Directors and Foundation Board of Trustees, comprised of incentive travel industry leaders representing 12 different countries, are committed to engaging our members, chapter leaders, sponsors and partners to create a strong sense of community built around our 2020 Vision and core values of connections, creativity, trust and results. Incentive travel programs provide a bridge between the power of diverse travel experiences that inspire people to deliver excellence – and the sense of human solidarity we envision as the most important benefit of a global economy.
- Didier Scaillet, CIS, CEO
- Pádraic Gilligan, Chief Marketing Officer
- Tahira Endean, Head of Events
SITE International Board of Directors 2019
Philip Eidsvold, CIS, CITP
Senior Director, Client Services, One10
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
Annamaria Ruffini, CIS, CITP, CMP
President & CEO Events In & Out S.R.L.
VICE PRESIDENT-FINANCE & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
Aoife Delaney, CIS, CITP
Director of Marketing & Sales
DMC Network, LLC
VICE PRESIDENT-EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Kevin V. Edmunds, CITP
Vice President of Sales, AIC Hotel Group
MEMBER AT LARGE
Eda Ozden, CITP
Director of Business Development
MEP Destination Business Solutions
DIDIER SCAILLET, CIS, CITP
Chief Excellence Officer, SITE
- El Kwang, CITP, CEO, Untangled pte ltd.
- Daryl Keywood, CIS, Managing Director and CEO, Walthers DMC
- Ellie McPherson, CITP, Senior Vice President, Strategic Meetings + Incentives
- Anne Marie Rogers, CITP, Director of Meetings & Incentives, Direct Travel
- Julia Trejo, CMP, CIS, DMCP, Director of Business Development, Teramar, a DMC Network Company
- Alicia Yao, CIS, General Manager, IME Consulting Co., Ltd.
- Rebecca Wright, CIS, Director, Account Operations, Creative Group
President: John Iannini, CIS, CITP CTC
- Immediate Past President: Rhea Stagner, CIS, CITP, division vice-president, sourcing and supplier relations, Maritz Travel – a Maritz Global Events Company, USA
- President-Elect: Carina Bauer, ceo, IMEX Group & Regent Exhibitions, United Kingdom
- Vice-President Finance: Terry Manion, executive vice-president, Meridican Incentive Consultants, Canada
- Vice-President Fundraising & Events: Anne DiGregory, director global luxury sales, Marriott International Luxury Brands, USA
- Vice-President Research & Content:Tina Weede, CIS, CITP, CRP, president and ceo, Peerless Performance, USA
- Lynn Pavony,director of incentive sales, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts, USA
- Selina Sinclair, CITP, CMP, SMMC, global managing director, Pacific World, Singapore
- Kevin Regan, MBA, global director charter and incentives, Azamara Club Cruises, USA
- Hamish Reid, MICE consultant, Hills Balfour, Great Britain
- Jimmy Romo, CITP,general manager specialty sales, Delta Airlines, USA
- Dana Weaver,CIS, sr. manager marketing services, GROWMARK, USA
- Chris Wheeler, executive director global incentive sales, sbe Group, USA
- Jennifer Glynn, CIS, CITP, SITE president-elect,managing partner, Meeting Encore Ltd & Intuitive Conferences and Events, Canada
Two new trustees join the Foundation board in 2019:
- Amy Riley, CEM, Senior Director of Business Sales, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, USA
- Brad Hecht, Vice President, Travel, Motivation Excellence, USA
For more information visit us at www.siteglobal.com
For Media Inquiries Contact: Jennifer Juergens, Director, Media & Industry Relations, jjuergens@SITEglobal.com, Phone: +1-917-514-2627