Know the Trends, Know the Market
Intelligence That Matters
Thank you to everyone that made a difference and contributed your insights to the most comprehensive study in the incentive travel industry--the SITE Index. Winners of the drawing for three complimentary SITE memberships will be announced soon.
Results will be announced at a later date and will forecast potential growth and change in the fluid, complex world of incentive travel.
Interested in previous results of the SITE Index?
The SITE Index 2017 examined internal and external challenges to the industry and how these factors impact the stability and growth of our market, addressing behaviors of buyers and supplier partners, providing leading indicators for future trends.
Stream the SITE Index 2017 webinar below to listen as we discussed the results.
The SITE Foundation is proud to present: SITE Index 2017: The Annual Analysis and Forecast for the Incentive Travel Industry.
Have questions? Email SITE@SITEglobal.com or call SITE Headquarters at +1.312.321.5148.
- 60% of buyers report they plan to increase the number of people eligible for incentive travel awards in the next year.
- Nearly half of all buyers say that budgets have increased.
- Concerns around the state of the world economy have increased the importance of creating value, as 76% of sellers report working on greater creativity/innovated event design in order to increase value.
- Despite general concerns of health and safety, buyers report the highest incidences of increased use of incentive travel to North America, the Caribbean and Western Europe destinations.
- Only 23% of corporate buyers and 24% of third party suppliers “always” or “almost always” track return on investment (ROI). The primary reason given for not tracking ROI is a lack of requirement from management.
- The majority of buyers (57%) think disintermediation in the travel industry has negatively impacted their company. This trend may be explained by the growing role of event technology in the purchasing process, with 54% of buyers reporting their use of event technology will increase in the next three years.
Contact the SITE Foundation at SITE@SITEglobal.com for more information.
Thank you to our 2017 Sponsors: