Strengthen Future Leaders
David Riddell Memorial Scholarship
The David Riddell Memorial Scholarship was created in memory of SITE Past President David Riddell to provide an opportunity for worthy individuals to participate in SITE educational programs. The scholarship will fund Global Forum attendance costs up to $2500 for one recipient chosen based on financial need, nomination from a SITE chapter leader, and to ensure the future growth of SITE as David envisioned.
Scholarship recipients are selected by the SITE Foundation Board of Trustees and must submit an application form and essay.
About David Riddell
As a member and past president of SITE, David Riddell was always upbeat about the incentive travel industry and forever the promoter of the value of performance improvement. As a leader of SITE, he envisioned what the organization could look like in the future, and worked diligently to effect change and mold the Society into the leading global authority in our industry. He believed in SITE. He was approachable. He was full of life. He was everyone’s friend. He was a mentor, a visionary and a leader.
- The individual should be financially in need of the scholarship. No senior executives or those who can afford to attend the International Conference will be considered. This determination is made by the nominating local SITE chapter or the SITE Foundation’s education committee.
- The individual need not be a member of SITE, however the individual must be recommended by the President and/or Board of Directors of a local SITE chapter.
- The individual can be a student or someone currently employed in motivational experiences or a related field. The applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
New in 2017: depending on the candidates’ qualifications, the award may be given to multiple individuals to attend the SITE + MPI Global Forum in Rome, Italy. The award includes registration, airfare stipend, lodging, and transfers (Not to exceed a value of $2,500 USD).
How to Apply
Each nominated applicant will be required to:
- Complete the Scholarship Application and send it along with your essay to SITE@SITEglobal.com by Monday, 22 May 2017. Click here to download the 2017 application.
- Write an essay of 1000 -1500 words on one of the following topics, all of which were valued by the late David Riddell for whom this scholarship is named.
Incentive Travel – Discuss the role of motivation during challenging economic times and how industry professionals should consider their service offerings and messaging in the marketplace.
Global Connections – Explain how insights and connections you have gained through SITE membership and local chapter affiliation have been beneficial to you.
Evolution – Discuss the evolution of the incentive travel industry and how your professional growth will be shaped by the progression you have witnessed.
Application period is now open. Recipient will be selected and notified by the Foundation Board of Trustees.
The David Riddell Scholarship will only be awarded to a qualified, exceptional candidate. The SITE Foundation reserves the right to withhold the scholarship if an exceptional candidate is not identified.
Please contact SITE@SITEglobal.com with any questions.
2016 Scholarship Winner
The 2016 David Riddell Memorial Scholarship recipient is Stephanie Dhima, Sales Manager, Event Partners Ireland. Pictured left with SITE Foundation Board of Trustees President-Elect, John Iannini, CIS, CTC.