Online Education from SITE
Stay tuned for more upcoming online education.
SITE and ECPAT Webinar: Human Trafficking – What We Can Do About It
- Annamaria Ruffini, Dr. CMP, President & CEO, Event In & Out S.R.L
- Julie Johnson, Director of Media & Industry Relations, SITE
Description: Human trafficking is a modern day slavery. Oddly, as an industry, we contribute to it. During any large event, such as Super Bowl, a large convention or a carnival, human trafficking spikes. Some of the most desirable incentive travel destinations attract human traffickers, because clients are there. However, the hospitality industry also has amazing power to help.
- Hospitality industry is in a unique position to make a positive impact. SITE, as a leading industry organization, can blaze the trail.
- Shedding the light on human trafficking problem. Bringing it home, personalizing it (sharing cases I ran into as a journalist). Revealing global statistics. Defining the main issues.
- SITE’s goals regarding the human trafficking philanthropic effort. SITE’s members can sign up for the ECPAT code.