Chief Executive Officer, CEO Society for Incentive Travel Excellence - SITE
SITE, the Society for Incentive Travel Excellence, is the global membership organization dedicated to strengthening and supporting the incentive travel and motivational events industry. We provide professional development, certification and business networks to our members. Over the last 44 years, SITE has grown to over 2,100 members in 84 countries with 29 local and regional chapters.
SITE is currently recruiting a CEO to provide executive leadership to develop and implement strategic policies, procedures, and services for both SITE and the SITE Foundation. The Foundation is the altruistic arm of SITE, responsible for driving fundraising, knowledge sharing and research that focuses on furthering the careers of incentive professionals. The Foundation also creates thought leadership content for the incentive travel industry in collaboration with the broader MICE community, sponsors and influencers.
The successful candidate will drive forward our 2020 vision to grow our global chapter network with a 20% increase in members and continue to raise awareness of the human and economic impact of our industry to the global economy.
- Develop and execute global growth strategies with an ability to execute clear regional plans.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff, agencies and a virtual team.
- Experience working with Boards, committees and volunteers.
- Knowledge and proven track records of sales and sponsorship.
- Ability to identify new revenue streams to drive association growth.
- A global thought leader who has experience of the B2B – Incentive Travel/Business Events Industry.
- Ability to convey a vision of SITE’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and sponsors.
- Established business acumen with high regard in incentives industry
- Multi-tasker with strong organizational skills with attention to critical dates and deliverables.
- Diplomacy – ability to work with volunteer leaders and channel the vision of each successive president while maintaining focus on SITE’s overall strategic goals.
This role is located in the United States. The candidate can work remotely from any US State. Applicants residing outside the United States, who are willing to relocate are also welcome to apply. In this case, the applicant is responsible for obtaining necessary work visas and covering relocation costs. The successful candidate should not have a position in any other association unless instrumental for SITE and after prior approval by SITE.
For a full job description please email:
Interested candidates will need to submit their resume and cover letter to Angela by 23rd of November 2017. All applications will be reviewed by the SITE search committee.